Everything you need to know about house cladding
Looking to boost the appearance and energy efficiency of your home? Then house cladding may be the perfect choice for you! Read on to discover everything you need to know about this versatile product, from the different types available to the brilliant benefits you can take advantage of
What is house cladding?
Weatherboard house cladding is a form of external cladding added to the outside of a property to improve its visual appeal, thermal efficiency and to add an extra layer of protection from the unpredictable British weather. What’s more, house cladding’s timeless finish may be mroe achievable than you think with prices starting from just £900 with our Cedral Select installers.
What are the different types of house cladding?
There are many different types of weatherboard house cladding available out there, but we’ve narrowed it down to our three most popular options.
Marley Cedral Lap House Cladding
This high-quality weatherboard cladding system can be installed against both rendered and brick exteriors to cover part of the building or the whole. It’s installed using a batten system and includes a breathable membrane that acts as a superb insulator. As this type of low-maintenance cladding is quick and easy to install, it’s a fresh and stylish alternative to re-rendering.
PVCU House Cladding
PVCU, or Coastline cladding, is made up of a unique combination of materials that ensure it’s not only lightweight, but extremely hard wearing too, boasting an additional ten years of protection to your home against harsh weather. As it’s so lightweight, it’s super easy to handle and install, perfect for projects on a tight deadline. Coastline cladding has been rigorously tested and awarded a number of certifications by leading regulatory bodies so you can be sure you’re making the right choice for your home.
Marley Cedral Click House Cladding
The very first flush fitting, fibre cement tongue and groove weatherboard in the UK, Marley Cedral Click House Cladding offers a smooth and seamless finish to your property. The planks are fitted together flush rather than with an overlap and thanks to the innovative ‘click clip system’, it’s quicker to install than other types of house cladding.
What are the benefits of house cladding?
Weatherboard house cladding is becoming increasingly popular across the UK, but when you can enjoy the many benefits like the ones listed below, it’s hardly surprising!
- Low maintenance – house cladding gives your property an attractive, neat look all year round with very little effort on your part.
- Highly durable – as only the highest quality materials are used to make our weatherboard cladding, you can be sure it will last for years to come.
- Improves insulation – thanks to our YBS SuperQuilt insulation that discreetly sits snuggly between the exterior of your property and the actual house cladding, you’ll notice your home effectively keeps both the warm and cool air in (saving you money on your energy bills too).
- Added protection – house cladding provides your property with an extra layer of protection against even the most extreme of weather conditions.
- Choose from a variety of colours – at The Gutter & Cladding Company, you can choose from 21 different colours for your house cladding, so no matter the style of your home, you’re sure to find the perfect complementary solution.
The Gutter & Cladding Company are your local experts for all your house cladding needs across Dorset & Hampshire, from initial advice through to installation and maintenance. To find out more about our house cladding installation service, don’t hesitate to contact our expert team today on 0808 169 1600.